Because no one succeeds alone
May Busch works with high potential leaders through to C-Suite executives who want to get to the next level of success more quickly and easily. Her coaching helps to bring the best parts of you to the table more of the time as you advance.
Be Your Best at Work and in Life
You can do and achieve more, and the world benefits when you bring your best self to work. This is not about working harder or even smarter. It’s about uncovering the strategies, tools and insights that allow you to bring the best parts of you to the table more of the time as you advance.
But as you progress in your career, there are fewer people you can freely confide in and less organizational investment toward your development and success.
Those you trust may not fully understand the context in which you operate, and those you work with may not be in a position to be confidants who can help you shorten your learning curve.
With May as your coach, she is one of the few people you can trust to be completely in your corner and to understand your context. Her role is to help you succeed professionally and personally in the way that you define success.
May's goal is to help you make the exponentially positive impact you were meant to make, and to have fun in the process.
- Your key next career steps
- What’s holding you back and how to break free
- Potential “blind spots”
- Address the obstacles (real or perceived) that stand in your way
- Make the transition to your next level of professional performance
- Speed your time to success
- “Swing out” and bring your whole self when “playing it safe” is holding you back
- Show up as someone who can take on an even bigger role
Enhance Your Development
- Bring out the best in yourself, your team and your organization
- Navigate the political landscape with greater confidence
- Live and work in a way that is true to yourself
Identify a Plan to Achieve Success
- The new behaviors you need to adopt to be successful at the next level
- The old behaviors you need to leave behind
- Ways to grow as a leader and improve your personal impact, presence and gravitas
“Now I feel more in control”
Thank you for pointing out things I hadn’t realized were so obvious to others. It caused me to change the way I think about things. As a result, I’ve been able to move all of my relationships back on track. Now I feel more in control. Without you addressing it, I’m not sure I would’ve gotten there on my own.Senior Executive
“Helped me see where I needed to head”
May guided me through the process of self-discovery in a professional setting and helped me see where I needed to head. She gave me the tools to learn to guide myself – to develop my own map, set my own goals and aspirations, and take action. When you’ve come to a conclusion yourself, you can achieve real change.Executive Director
“I see clearly what I have to do”
Getting perspective from someone who knows the people involved and their psychology was key. An incredible listener. I now “get it” – I see clearly what I have to do. I feel emancipated. I know where I want to go and have drawn a line in the sand. I’m surprised by the quality of what we achieved.Executive Director
“Challenges me to be the best I can be”
May challenges me to be the best I can be, more than I could ever challenge myself. May’s style is to facilitate my thinking and help me solve my own problems. She is seamless in how she does it. Give the man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats forever. May taught me to fish.MD
Meet May Chien Busch
May is a seasoned business executive with a passion for helping leaders be the best they can be. As an executive, she was sought out as a mentor, coach and thinking partner by colleagues and team members, and recognized for her ability to help disparate groups collaborate toward a common goal.
Since retiring from her first career in 2008, she has become a sought after coach, consultant and advisor for leaders and their organizations. Her mission is to help people and their organizations get to the next level, overcome obstacles and accelerate their time to success.
In addition to her credibility as a business practitioner, May brings significant cross-cultural experience as an American-born Chinese with experience working in the US and UK with top executives across Europe and beyond.
As an executive coach and mentor, May brings 24 years of front-line corporate experience and expertise, most recently as COO of Morgan Stanley Europe, to help professionals overcome (often hidden) obstacles, advance to the next level in their careers, reach their full potential as leaders and achieve agreed-upon outcomes.
May is someone who:
- Succeeded in a high-powered career and therefore “gets” you and the complexities you deal with, while also possessing the experience, instincts and training of an executive coach.
- Possesses an intuitive and deep understanding of business strategy and culture change, and brings these extra dimensions to help you succeed across the breadth of your responsibilities.
- Delivers a highly personalized and sophisticated experience tailored to your specific needs and style.
- Listens without judging, captures the nuance, and can get you to “aha” moments.
- Is perceptive and not afraid to challenge you.
- Is prepared to be bold on your behalf and bolster your confidence and commitment, while holding you accountable to act.
- Helps you develop actionable strategies and tools for addressing your most pressing issues.
“Real advice based on her own senior role experience”
The thing that makes May’s coaching stand out from the crowd is that she has been there and done it and can give real advice based on her own senior role experience.Managing Director
- Managing Directors of global financial institutions on leadership and management
- Partner at a law firm on establishing and leading a new initiative
- General Counsel of a corporation on leadership and culture change
- Senior Executive at a technology company on advancing to C-suite role
- High potential women on leadership and preparing their path to promotion
Team Development and Leadership Coaching:
- Developing and implementing a Leadership Academy program for research faculty and staff
- Working with financial services firms on a series of strategy and leadership team offsites
- Advising the President of a non-profit institution on developing a sustainable pipeline of executive leaders
- Helping law firms develop their female talent
- Conducting a series of workshops on leadership for a media company
“Invaluable during my transition to a new role”
May was an invaluable guide and advisor during my transition to a new role. She would immediately get beyond the surface of any issue, help you understand the root cause of a new challenge and work with you to identify solutions that felt both ambitious and achievable.
Most importantly, May very quickly built confidence and trust that allowed for a collaborative working relationship; and was always willing to go above and beyond to help (even between sessions). I would absolutely recommend working with May, and hope to do so again in the future.Executive