I hated networking earlier on in my 24-year career.
I felt awkward approaching strangers at events, and dreaded having to break the ice and make conversation. So I would end up either standing in the corner pretending to be on my phone, or stuck talking to someone I couldn’t get away from. And afterwards, I wouldn’t hear from people I had met.
But that all changed. Over the years, I learned how to network effectively and efficiently, and developed strategies to get the most out of networking. The best part is I don’t have to spend loads of time.
Now I’m sharing these tried and tested strategies so you too can attend events with confidence and clarity, and get something useful out of them every time. These will help open the doors to exciting career and business opportunities for you and your organization.
In the Networking Toolkit, you’ll discover proven strategies, tools and word-for-word scripts so you know exactly what to do before, during and after events. Everything you need to be successful at networking — even if you’re an introvert or have little time, or both.
Before the Event
How to Assess and Prepare for a Networking Event
Maybe you feel like you should attend that networking event because it could help your career. But what if it’s a waste of time? It’s hard to know in advance.
To help you with this dilemma, I created a decision-making filter that helps you figure out what’s best for you. Within minutes, you’ll know which events to attend, and which ones not to waste your time going to. I’ve used it with my clients to help them make good choices. It will help bring greater clarity on what’s best for you too.
You’ll also discover how to prepare for an event to ensure you get the most out of it.
- The 4 steps to decide if a networking event is worth attending or not
- The most important thing to get right that makes your attending useful
- How to protect your time and energy, and not overinvest in an event
- How to confidently answer 2 key questions people will ask you – get these right and it will be more likely you’ll be remembered and develop an ongoing relationship
- The framework you can use to prepare for your next networking event – going through this before the event helps you get the most out of attending
During the Event
How to Network at Big Events
You get actionable strategies and word-for-word scripts for making a great impression – and doing it efficiently and authentically. With these tried and tested scripts and phrases that I’ve developed over time and used successfully, you’ll rock it with confidence once you arrive at the event!
- How to approach people and enter into a conversation with confidence – plus the simple and effective way that someone recently used to approach me
- Tried and tested, can’t fail conversation starters – these are super useful especially if you’re shy, an introvert or find small talk awkward
- How to keep the conversation going to build rapport and chemistry, and enjoy talking with your new connection
- How to keep track of what you learn about each person you meet – this will differentiate you from everyone else they met because you’ll be able to follow up in a more personalized way
- How to end a conversation tactfully and move on gracefully – no more fearing you’ll get trapped and wanting to “escape”
After the Event
How to Follow Up and Keep in Touch with Your Network
But you’re super busy. And you know it’s “not cool” to be radio silent and then call on people only when you need something. So what’s the solution?
I’ll show you practical ways to follow up and develop long-term relationships with your network without spending tons of time.
- Who to follow up and keep in touch with
- Which communication methods to use to follow up and when they work best
- What to say when you follow up – including a word-for-word script you can use
- The key to following up – this is vital to ensure people remember who you are
- How to easily keep track of your contacts and follow-ups
- How often to contact your connections to keep the relationship healthy
- What to keep in contact about to continue nurturing relationships authentically
- The one thing you can do that makes people look forward to hearing from you
- How to ensure there’s mutual respect and benefit in your relationship
“Your advice is helping me progress forward and do well in circles that I never imagined I would be a part of.”
Everything You Need to Succeed at Networking
The Networking Toolkit provides proven strategies, tools and word-for-word scripts to be successful at networking — even if you’re an introvert or have little time, or both.
- How to pick the right events for you to attend and get the most out of them
- How to confidently approach and meet people, and make a memorable impression
- How to purposefully build the relationships you need to get ahead in your career
Try the Networking Toolkit for a full 30 Days, 100% Risk-Free
Try the strategies, tools and word-for-word scripts. If you don’t love them, just email me and I’ll refund 100% of your money.
You have a full 30 days to see if the Networking Toolkit is right for you. If you decide it isn’t, then that’s okay – it happens. In this case, just take advantage of my 30-day Free Look policy, and just send me an email and I’ll get you a refund right away.